Friday, December 18, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree

My poor poor tree. She started off beautiful and green and now she is slowly turning brown. This upsets me because I have watered her daily. I check her often to make sure she isn't running out of water, and yet she is still dying on me. I realize she wasn't going to last forever, but making it to Christmas would have been nice. My fingers are cross she holds out for me and stays semi green until the big day! However everyday she is looking more and more pathetic! I suppose next year we will have to hold off a week before buying our tree. Just to be reminiscent here is a picture of our tree in happier times!



by the way I realize the tree looks lopsided...its possible that I'm the lopsided one because the tree is pretty straight...well as straight as we could possible get it!

Well enough about my tree...lets talk baking. I realize I didn't post a recipe yesterday, but I have to say baking has me a bit bored. I have reached my quota with cookies, but I still have one batch ahead of me to decorate with kids. I'm just not enjoying the whole cookie experience. I swear if I'm ever to open up a bakery of my own it will be a "No Cookie Zone." Well that might be a little harsh. While I do enjoy a snickerdoodle or pretty sugar cookies...ahh yes Sugar Cookies would have to be sold at my bakery! But only pretty decorated sugar cookies! Anyway cookies just don't do it for me like a cake or a cupcake or even a brownie! Case and point I have a ton of leftover cookies sitting on my counter because I'm bored with them! Anyway in the hustle and bustle of this holiday season I have neglected my true love of the baking world! I have not posted a single cupcake recipe and only quickly made a box of funfetti cupcakes for Kobe's birthday! So with that being said tonight I bring you two cupcake recipes!

I ran across this new blog tonight, and looked through it for probably about an hour or so. It's a pretty cool blog, and I can't wait to try some of the recipes on her blog! The other day I mentioned how I like a sip or two of eggnog during the holiday season, and I tried to capture that in a cookie recipe I found. The end result of those was...well ummm...they ended up in the trash! But I have high hopes for these cupcakes!


Eggnog Cupcakes



photo by Annie's Eats


Now when you think of Christmas two flavors come to mind eggnog and peppermint! I have to admit I'm not a huge fan of peppermint. I think it's the crunch of the candy cane and texture it leaves behind on your teeth but it throws me off I just don't care for it. However for these cupcakes I'm willing to overlook that!

Chocolate-Peppermint Candy Cupcakes



photo by Myrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment