Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Spring Cleaning



It's time to do some spring cleaning. While it's still chilly outside my house is begging for a scrub down. Every corner of my house is crying for attention. My house and my brain are screaming for organization! I NEED some sort of schedule something that I can follow daily and get things done, because lets face it most days this is me...



I'm not proud of this transition, and while my house is cleaned daily it's not as clean or as organized as I would like. However perhaps with a schedule...a reminder of things that need to be done I would be more likely to do them. Now I will say I have tried a routine with laundry and well it didn't work out so well, but in my defense laundry needs to be a daily chore, and can't necessarily be broken up into laundry days.



It is possible that if I could figure out a routine with washing ok not really washing more like FOLDING the laundry a lot of my issues would be cleared up. However truth be told who actually likes folding and putting away laundry? Luckily a good friend sent me a link to a Daily Schedule that she follows, and what do you know doing a load of laundry every morning is on the list!

I took a quick glace a the list from Happy Housewives, and realized not only was the list easy but it was doable for me! It's a quick easy list and hits all the important stuff! The Daily Schedule gives you a list of things to do daily as well as things to do during the week, on the weekends, monthly and seasonally! It's is such a great list to go by!

Here is the daily list to give you an idea:

Every Day


* Make the bed as soon as you wake up.
* Wash up—do your make-up, throw on some jeans and a tee.
* Wipe down the bathroom counter when you leave the bathroom in the morning. Wipe mirrors, my kids always spit toothpaste onto them, I keep Windex wipes under the sink.
* Do a load of laundry, every morning, fold it, and put it away as soon as it’s dry. If you leave the clothes in the dryer, they’ll wrinkle and you’ll have to iron.
* Get the kids off to school and immediately straighten up the kitchen
* Sit for a few minutes and meditate, pray, stretch.
* Do that day’s chores: Vacuum, bathrooms, dusting.
* When the kids come home from school, collect their hats, coats, and shoes and put them away. After first grade, start to ask them to do it themselves.
* Make dinner as the children do their homework. Clean up as you go. I never sit down to eat with a mess in the kitchen.
* Playtime.
* Get the children ready for bed.
* Relaxation time for mommy.

So, for the remainder of today I have vowed to get my laundry in order so that I can start this schedule next week and see how well it works for me! I'm so excited to try out this schedule and hopefully by the end of it I will have a clean and organized home!

Happy Cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment