Friday, March 5, 2010

A little crafting

In my last post I talked about feeling crafty...wow was my last post really that long ago! I swear I get busy and start running around. I then start a few blog post a month that never get published. I think of things to blog about all the time, but when I come to type it out it never goes as planned. Life takes over and I get side tracked and before I know it it's been almost a month since my last post. I wish I could say I've been up to something brilliant, but in all honestly I've just been running around doing mommy and wifely duties, which I guess in itself is pretty brilliant.



Oops back to the subject at hand...crafts. So I've been feeling crafty. I've been to Michale's twice in the past week. I have purchased things for two wreaths, and for some magnets I plan to make. The magnets are taking me a little longer to get together because I can't find the magnet sheets to work on them. They will be used for some organization I plan on doing, but more on that in a later post.

In my last blog post I posted a picture of a cupcake liner wreath that I loved. The one shown was specifically for Valentine's day, but I ended up buying different liners, and it will now be my Easter wreath! I had so much fun making it, and found it to be super peaceful and calming. No fear baking is not taking a back burner to crafting, but it is nice having a calming hobby that won't expand my waist line as well!

It took me a few tries to figure out how to bunch up the cupcake liners but after a quick discussion with Jess I got it down!






It was beautiful and lovely and sat on my table for two days as is. It was lacking something but I wasn't sure what to add. I finally made it back to Michale's today and this is what I ended up with...







I am in love with the finish product. Of course I had to add butterflies to it. I almost walked out without the butterflies, but on my way to the register I saw all their spring bouquets on display and saw butterflies in them, and just knew they were SOMEWHERE in the store. I did one more walk through and found them! They add a special touch to the wreath don't you think! I will hang it up tomorrow, but I'm already sad that it will have to come down after Easter. I'm already trying to figure out how I will store it so I can use it again next year!

3 comments:

  1. The butterflies & the button definately make it. It came out beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute. It would be the perfect thing in my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job. PS there is an award for you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete