Wednesday, October 28, 2009

It's been awhile

I'm a horrible blogger. It's been two weeks since my last post. Last week seemed promising though. I went on a job testing thing on Tuesday, Wednesday I got a call back for an interview, and Thursday I went in for an interview and a drug test. As I sat there talking I had the job! I was excited about the job. I was finally going to get out of the house again and out of this brain of mine that can become a dark abyss. Training started on Monday, but I couldn't. She said she was more then positive they would have a second round of training. I contacted her on Tuesday and they said they would not. I was bummed. I felt sad and rejected that day. I heard "Everything happens for a reason." I know I use to live by this saying, and in most cases its great to hear, however when something doesn't go your way you would like nothing better then to poke your eyes out. I will however pick up and carry on just like I have for the past 9 months. So now I'm back to square one on the job front. Joy for me!

Other then that I had such high hopes for this month. I had run across tons of cute Halloween recipes I knew I had to try out, and in all honesty I have tried one of the millions I waned to bake! Tomorrow will be a baking day as well, and I have two recipes in mind I would love to make, but one for sure I will do. However I made some amazing Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies. I'm not even sure i've ever had chocolate chips with pumpkin, but as soon as I heard of the combo I knew I had to try it out! Can I just say they were amazing! Bryan and the kids were a HUGE fan of them, and that makes for a happy mommy! Here is the recipe you should definitely try it out!



CHOCOLATE CHIP PUMPKIN COOKIES

1 sm. can pumpkin
2 tsp. baking soda
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
4 c. flour
2 c. sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 tbsp. milk
1 c. oil
2 tsp. vanilla
6 oz. real chocolate chips
1 c. chopped nuts (optional)

Combine all ingredients. Mix well. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in 375 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. Watch carefully; when bottoms are well browned, remove from oven and cool.

**recipe found on Cooks.com**

No comments:

Post a Comment