Thursday, September 17, 2009

Organization part 1

For the past 7 months my life has been complete chaos. Only now as I'm beginning to see things much clearer and as I'm finally wanting to move forward in life, do I see the need to organize my life more. As I look around me I see so many things in my house that need to be organized, redecorated, and just brought to life in a whole new way. Brought back to life...only now 7 months later am I feeling like I'm ready for life to move forward...I'm so thankful for every single day in my life, and now its time to learn to enjoy life again.

My first project has me in a state of confusion, which if you know me is a state I find myself in quite often! Anyway lately I have found myself buying tons of food magazines. I have even subscribed to two of them. However once the magazines are read and I pull out all the recipes I hope to try I'm left with this...



I should mention that there are more...tons more. I have a binder full of magazines, clippings, and recipes I have cut out, printed out, or been given!



Do you see what I'm talking about now! I have this mess, and the magazines from above that, and now I need to figure out how to organize them in one big happy folder! As you can see I tried my best to organize them before, but as I pull out this binder to make a grocery list I usually get overwhelmed and never even pull out recipes from it. The majority of the recipes in this pile I have never even tried!

For the next week, hopefully not longer, I will be cutting, pasting, writing, and filing, and hopefully I will end up with a very well organized cookbook for myself! I have an vision of what I hope it looks like when it's all said and done, and well since I have most of the day to myself I have tons of time to play around with it! I've seen some really cool looking scrapbooks done for recipes, but since these are just recipes pulled from magazines I don't want to do anything all that fancy...now for my baking...hmmmm....

I did find myself at Michael's today and while wondering through their dollar aisle I ran across a small recipe holder and some recipe cards. For only a $3 I picked up the holder and 60 recipe cards! I also found some really cute food stickers to add to the book. Hopefully I can hit up another craft store soon for more food stickers...but now that I'm dreaming of a baking scrapbook I might hold off on using one of the sheets until then!





I'm in love with the baking stickers! Actually all three of them are pretty cute! I'm not sure how I will utilize the stickers yet, I guess I'll just have to wait and see how the book comes together! Hopefully next week I will have it all together and can post pictures of the final product!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute stickers! Let me know what your final product will be!

    ReplyDelete