Friday, February 5, 2010

#57 Learn to make homemade icing

I did it! I finally completed a task on my list! Tonight I made Pumpkin Whoopie Pies for a friends husband and the icing came out perfect! I have tried making icing at least twice before and each time it comes out this horrible yellow color and looks more like a glaze then a thick icing. Well after asking around I realized it was because I've been using stick country crock and not BUTTER! So tonight I made that one single change and it was perfection!



I will most likely still grab a tub of store bought cream cheese icing every now and then, because I actually like the flavor more! I do look forward to working with the recipe...perhaps adding some cinnamon next time! However I'm proud to say I've accomplished my first task!

4 comments:

  1. They look good. Doesn't it feel great to cross something off of that list?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it feels amazing! Now I want to cross of more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hooo, awesome!! :) There are so many possibilities with flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh welcomes to the dark side of butter and the perfection it creates when you cook... Next thing you know you'll be making perfectly reasonable statements like...oh one person easily eats a 1/4 stick of butter in a sitting... Nice looking whoopie pies, you can't go wrong with pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete